Salesforce, the global leader in CRM, announced the new AppExchange, the world's leading enterprise cloud marketplace that gives customers a faster and smarter way to extend the power of the world's #1 CRM. New features, such as intelligent search, personalized recommendations, and embedded Trailhead learning, customize the AppExchange experience for every customer, making it easier to tap into the Salesforce ecosystem and install trusted solutions from its expanded portfolio of Lightning apps, components, data, industry specific solutions and more.
Today, 87 percent of Salesforce customers and 89 percent of the Fortune 100 are using AppExchange apps. The community of Salesforce customers, partners, and developers who power the "Salesforce Economy" is stronger than ever. IDC predicts that Salesforce and its ecosystem of partners and customers will generate $859 billion in new business revenues and 3.3 million new jobs worldwide by 2022. Last year, IDC forecasted the Salesforce Economy would create $389 billion in new revenues and 1.9 million jobs by 2020. In addition, the Salesforce partner ecosystem will gain $5.18for every dollar Salesforce makes by 2022.
"Thanks to our customers and partners AppExchange has grown into the leading enterprise cloud marketplace, delivering more than 4,000 amazing solutions that are driving growth for business across every industry," said Leyla Seka, EVP of AppExchange, Salesforce. "We're excited to launch the new AppExchange, which offers a more personalized experience for customers with smart recommendations, embedded Trailhead learning, and deep industry focus to further unleash the power of Salesforce."
Introducing the new AppExchange
The AppExchange's new look and feel is inspired by the best consumer shopping experiences, with personalization and learning built right into the user experience to provide the best results. The AppExchange now features:
- Personalized Recommendations: Discovery is easier than ever. The AppExchange serves up recommendations to customers based on their location, install history, site activity, profile data and edition. For example, if a customer is starting to explore the AppExchange, recommendations change based on the listings and categories that are viewed most and the search terms used. And when solutions are installed, recommendations change based on the collection of installed solutions and other companies who installed similar products.
- Trailhead learning: Customers can now find integrated learning content throughout the AppExchange to learn best practices, new skills and help discover solutions to business needs. Trailhead trails such as, "Empower Managers and Agents with the Service Cloud Platform," are embedded within the Product Collection pages to help customers find relevant apps and solutions. For each industry, listing and collection, there is associated content including articles, videos, ebooks and webinars on topics like, "What's Your App Stack? 6 Apps For Every Area Of Your Business," hosted by both Salesforce and partners. And with more than 70,000 peer reviews, customers can lean on the community to help decide what app is best.
- Lightning apps and solutions: The AppExchange offers solutions beyond apps. Customers can now find Lightning Bolts and Data solutions:
- Lightning Bolts: Lightning Bolts are out-of-the-box solutions that contain industry process flows, Lightning Components and Communities — all integrated with Salesforce. Powered by an ecosystem of Salesforce partners such as Accenture, Appirio, Bluewolf, PwC and Silverline, customers can tap into customized solutions across several industries. For example, with Retail Store Collaboration by Appirio, retailers can now collaborate better with their stores, getting real-time information about consumers, improving worker engagement and accelerating the feedback process necessary to scale their business.
- Lightning Data: Customers can discover data-driven insights with enriched customer profiles by easily integrating trusted third-party data sources, as well as improve key sales and marketing processes like segmentation, targeting, scoring and prioritization with data that's specific to each business. For example, with Lightning Data, sales reps are armed with additional data, such as recent topics a company has been actively researching and the hardware and software that are currently being used, empowering sales reps to be more strategic when engaging with customers.
- Industry Focus: The AppExchange houses thousands of industry solutions for manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, retail and more. For example, nCino's Bank Operating System, which provides key functionality and workflow for originating and funding loans and other financial products, integrates directly into Financial Services Cloud. And in healthcare, Zipari's InsureCX provides health insurance companies with real time insights of their members and automated workflows, rule-based recommendations and member engagement management across all touchpoints and interactions.
- Other key industry solutions include:
- Healthcare and Life Sciences: FormFast, Healthwise, myStrength, Veeva
- Retail: CloudCraze, DemandJump, Windsor Circle
- Financial Services: nCino, Onfido, Orion
- Manufacturing: Propel, Rootstock