LogMeIn Inc. has introduced Cubby Enterprise, a new business version of its cloud file sync and share product, to help IT professionals manage sensitive company data in the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and bring-your-own-app (BYOA) era.
In response to the continued rise of consumer apps in the workplace, Cubby Enterprise provides IT professionals with the ability to manage and secure company data shared between people and across devices, while giving employees the ease of use they want in their personal applications.
"The consistent refrain we hear from our more than 100,000 SMB IT customers is that today's file sync and share solutions fall into two camps: complex, managed offerings built for IT, but loathed by employees, or consumer-grade offerings that win over employees, but fall far too short on security and control. Unfortunately, that has left too many businesses with little choice but to either aggressively block such consumer apps or, more often, allow their use and take on the inherent security risks of company data being shared across both work and personal devices," says Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn.
Features for Employees
- The ability to make any existing folder a “cubby” with the freedom to make as many cubbies as desired.
- Access to files anywhere from any device: Native iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac apps, as well as access from any browser make it possible to work from anywhere across a blend of work and personal devices.
- 1 TB of cloud storage for every five users.
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others: Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content. It can also be shared through read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides sharing even with people who don't have a Cubby account.
Features for IT Management
- ADFS Integration: Enable single sign-on (SSO) via Active Directory
- Domain-based administration: Automatically own and manage all employee Cubby accounts within a given domain, while providing the option for employees to merge and upgrade individual accounts with Cubby Enterprise
- Desktop app deployment: Remotely install Cubby on employee computers to provide easy access to Cubby Enterprise while encouraging corporate use
- Device wipe: Remove stored passwords and wipe locally synced content from employee devices, including PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones
- Policy settings: Enforce user policies to control how data is stored and shared, including the ability to constrain sharing within a corporate domain
- Mobile passcodes: Protect mobile access by requiring a 4-digit pin before accessing Cubby files on a mobile device
- Activity log: Monitor activity in real-time to know what content is being shared, how, and with whom
- Filtered activity search: Filter activity for monitoring by employee, event type, or date
Cubby Enterprise yearly subscriptions start at $39.99 a month per groups of five users, prepaid annually.