Roughly 30 years and 200 million LaserJet printers after its introduction, the HP LaserJet printer is still a staple for businesses. And that's a testament to the company's commitment to continual innovation.
To celebrate the achievement, HP has created a collection of limited-edition, commemorative HP LaserJet printers that will be displayed at HP Customer Experience Centers around the world. The company is also launching its "200 Million and Counting" sweepstakes, which invites customers to upload testimonials-personal stories, images, and videos-about how the HP LaserJet has helped their businesses succeed.
MILESTONES THROUGH THE YEARS
HP's innovation is evidenced by these business printing milestones:
- 1984: HP introduces the HP LaserJet, the first desktop laser printer
- 1991: HP Jetadmin simplifies remote management of printers on a corporate network; HP introduces the HP LaserJet IIISi , the industry's first network laser printer
- 1994: HP Color LaserJet brings color to business documents
- 1998: HP LaserJet 3100 becomes the first mass-market, laser, all-in-one (AiO) device
- 2002: HP Color LaserJet 4600 prints color documents at the speed of black
- 2004: HP LaserJet M4345 multifunction printer (MFP) offers print, copy, digital send, and advanced paper handling in one workgroup MFP
- 2008: HP Color LaserJet CP1510 is the company's first color laser printer costing less than $300
- 2010: HP LaserJet P1102 is named the most energy-efficient laser printer by ENERGY STAR; HP introduces industry's first mobile print solution with HP ePrint
- 2012: HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFPs and HP Flow Content Management (CM) software help businesses integrate paper and digital workflows for increased productivity
- 2013: HP LaserJet Enterprise 800 series and HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory make mobile printing as easy as touching a smartphone or tablet to the printer; including the launch of the new device, HP has introduced more than 15 LaserJet devices in less than two years
The sweepstakes runs through Dec. 24, 2013, and is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, as well as Russia, France, the U.K., Germany, and China. Participants are invited to submit their digital photos and stories, which will serve as their sweepstakes entry, at www.hp.com/go/celebratelaserjet, where complete promotion rules also are available. Winners from each worldwide region will win a 200 millionth limited-edition HP LaserJet MFP, subject to complete sweepstakes rules.