GFI MAX has released GFI MAX Backup 14.1 with updates designed to improve efficiency of backup processes. The updates also help administrators to better manage data backups and address any issues that may occur. New features of GFI MAX Backup 14.1 include:
- Seed-load Protection Boost - Full integration of the seed loading tool into the GFI MAX Backup GUI allows MSPs to perform seed loading processes at any time, even while backing up to the LocalSpeedVault. With this new functionality, customers' devices remain protected while the seed disk is being transferred. This helps to overcome network bottlenecks and avoid a backlog of unprotected data from accumulating while backup processes are occurring.
- File-Level Versioning - New file versioning options allow partners to set more precise retention policies for file system and network folder backups. This is important for files that do not change often and provides more recovery options for files outside of the overarching retention policies in place across the customer's organization. By setting a number of versions to retain, organizations can expand their options when recovering important files after a significant loss of data.
- Continuous Recovery - Following an initial backup, organizations can automate the restoration of data to a physical standby system or virtual machine. By continuously restoring incremental backups after they happen, partners can maintain a nearline storage system that can be brought online in the event of a significant outage or loss of data. This feature can also be used to selectively update protected data sources on a remote system used internally for reporting or disaster recovery testing.
- Real-time Failed Backup Alerts - Event-driven notifications provide MSPs with real-time, granular email alerts of failed backup operations. MSPs can establish custom email communication settings for each protected system that will notify them and/or their customers of failed backups as they happen.
- Overview Enhancements - Improvements to the solution's overview page are designed to make it easier to determine if an organization's data is adequately protected. MSPs are provided with more summary information including the last backup for each data source and mouse-over summaries of job histories for individual days.
"Protecting customers' data and making it available rapidly in the event of a problem is one of the highest priorities for MSPs. With the new features introduced in this release of GFI MAX Backup, we are responding directly to customer feedback on what they need to deliver this effectively," says Dr. Alistair Forbes, general manager of the GFI MAX business unit. "In particular, the enhancements to the seed loading process and the continuous recovery feature are both major benefits to MSPs, which allow them to deliver faster initial protection and near real-time recovery services to their clients."