EVGA has introduced the GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card named after Vince "K|NGP|N" Lucido, an extreme overclocker who has achieved 3DMark World Records with EVGA hardware. With a 14+3 power phase design, states the PC hardware company, this new digitally controlled VRM can supply up to 600A of current, all delivered through 3 power inputs, 8pin + 8pin + 6pin.
Designed for the extreme overclocker, the GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card features:
- Customizable Lighting – Full color control allows users to fine tune the LED colors using EVGA PrecisionX 16.
- 14+3 Phase Fully Digital VRM – Improved efficiency and power capacity and an average of 28 °C cooler operating temperature.
- Single Slot Ready – Included single slot bracket allows users to convert to a true single slot card with waterblock.
- 12 Layer PCB – PCB layout with extra copper for smooth power delivery.
- ACX 2.0+ Cooling & Metal Shroud – Improved cooling with lower fan power consumption and 400% longer fan lifespan, all surrounded in a metal shroud.
- EVBot Onboard – Allows robust tuning and control over all aspects of the graphics card.
- Included Backplate – Built on backplate with backlighting allows full control over brightness and color.
- MMCP+ - Memory MOSFET cooling plate provides direct contact with memory and MOSFETs reducing temperature. MMCP+ comes in two separate pieces, allowing users to cool the GPU separately while still using the MMCP on the MOSFETs.
- OTS – Onboard thermal sensors allow for automatic real time extreme overclock tuning.
- QST – Quick Switch Triple BIOS allow users to switch to the second or third with the flick of a switch.
- SHP – Straight Heat Pipes offer 6 percent better heat dissipation than bent heat pipes with reduced thermal resistance.
- dBi – EVGA’s ACX 2.0+ fan turns off below 60°C generating 0dB of noise.
- Base Clock – 1291++ MHZ
- Boost Clock – 1393++ MHz
- Memory Clock –7010 MHz Effective
- CUDA Cores – 2048
- Bus Type – PCI-E 3.0
- Memory Detail – 4096MB GDDR5
- Memory Bit Width – 256 Bit
- Memory Speed – 0.28ns
- Memory Bandwidth – 224.3 GB/s
The EVGA GeForce GTX 980 KINGPIN graphics card, priced at $749.99, is available for pre-order. To learn more, visit www.evga.com/kingpin.