The Raleigh, N.C.-based power quality division of Eaton Corp. has added a 208/220V model to its 93PM uninterruptible power system (UPS) product line. The new model features flexible deployment and offers benefits designed to enhance business continuity and lower total cost of ownership.
From multi-tenant and co-location facilities to edge data centers, businesses of all sizes need power management solutions that deliver value and improve uptime in the event of power loss or outage. Eaton's new 93PM 208/220V model seeks to meet those needs via features that include:
- Flexible voltage options: With the new 208/220V model, the 93PM is now available in one of the most common voltages for a three-phase UPS.
- Swappable technology: The new UPS features swappable technology, allowing Eaton service technicians to replace power modules in minutes without bringing the unit offline, for continuous operation.
- Lithium-ion battery: For the first time, the 93PM UPS is available with lithium-ion battery technology, offering exponentially longer battery life, lighter physical weight, and a smaller footprint than standard valve-regulated lead-acid batteries. Eaton dicussed its growing interest in lithium-ion batteries at its invitation-only partner summit this April.
- Slim form factor: The new unit's slim form factor makes it suitable for use with both white- and gray-space solutions in data centers of all sizes.
- Remote monitoring: The new 93PM model comes with one year of Eaton’s PredictPulse 24x7 remote monitoring and reporting service.
“Our customers rely on Eaton for UPS technologies that combine efficiency and reliability while enabling scalability to meet future growth,” said Eaton product manager Kelly Mehta in a press statement. “By adding a 208/220V model to the 93PM UPS family, we’ve given these customers an essential solution for achieving effective power management.”
The 93PM 208/220V UPS will initially be available in a 120kW power rating, with additional ratings to follow later in 2017 and in early 2018.