D&H Distributing is encouraging its resellers to leverage the popular cloud-based protocol in their sales strategies, to create turnkey, cloud-enabled environments for small businesses. The distributor’s assortment of cloud-based SMB products has grown, encompassing categories from storage solutions to cloud-based scanning to the emergence of a “security-as-a-service” model.
What started as a cloud-based storage trend to accommodate the market’s growing cache of data and media has expanded into a greater movement, where companies use the cloud as a cost-effective, always-accessible infrastructure to house their desktop applications and accommodate remote office functions. These cloud-enabled devices allow SMB companies to economize, not only by eliminating hardware costs, but by empowering them to share resources across various locations through any wireless connection. SMB companies can now use cloud-enabled products to achieve functionality such as multisite security, large-scale data storage, and Web-based printing and scanning.
“Cloud-based solutions continue to hold the attention of the business community for a gamut of reasons, and not just the obvious benefits of cost-reduction and redundancy,” says Jeff Davis, senior vice president of sales at D&H. “Products that use virtual protocols offer a great deal of flexibility when it comes to access, convenience, and shared resources. When data and infrastructure is located in the cloud, a company’s ability to scale and to act with agility is considerably increased. We’re excited that the paradigm has matured to a point where our customers can market an impressive range of cloud-enabled solutions.”
The distributor can help resellers assemble an end-to-end solution including cloud-enabled products in various categories, such as the following:
CLOUD BASED STORAGE
- ASUS’ WebStorage 50GB: ASUS offers a line of cloud storage devices that create an instant, personal cloud for the end-user, perfect for use in a small business or home office setting. Data can be accessed anytime, from anywhere. Users can start with 5GB of free storage.
- WD’s My Book Live Duo provides access to storage from multiple end-user devices. RAID mirroring technology continuously synchs files for real-time data backup.
- Pogoplug offers unlimited storage at a low monthly fee, with no size restrictions.
- McAfee Cloud Security: McAfee offers a line of email and Web security solutions that minimize risk while creating a more cost-effective and less-complex solution compared to on-site installations. The company’s Security Connected platform allows an organization’s data to travel through the cloud, bound by whatever content policies are set by the user.
- Sophos Cloud Endpoint Security delivers security-as-a-service over the cloud, instantly deploying essential protection over multiple remote offices without the complexity of a multisite, on-premises deployment.
CLOUD-ENABLED SOFTWARE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Microsoft Office 365: The cloud-based iteration of the Office suite enables users to access their work from anywhere, enhancing collaboration and creating an always-accessible desktop experience.
- D-Link cloud-based products: This networking leader offers cloud-enabled routers, storage, access points and scanners.
- Neat Receipts NeatConnect Scanner: The Neat Receipts unit can scan items directly to the cloud for streamlined storage.
- Brother MFC color inkjet printer: Users can conduct cloud-based and NFC (near field communications) printing from mobile devices.
- ZyXEL 11n Network Camera: This pan-and-tilt, cloud-enabled wireless camera has day and night vision.
- SimpleScan offers a line of “simplex” (single sheet-fed) scanners that store, organize, manage and share media in the cloud.
D&H customers can view more cloud-enabled solutions at the dandh.com Cloud Solutions landing page.