D-Link Systems Inc. has released its latest generation of SmartPro switches – DGS-1510 Series – with available 16-, 24-, or 48-port models. With 10 Gigabit port connectivity, these new switches are designed for deployment in SMB core environments, providing scalable and modular interconnections between core and edge switches with rich capabilities and flexibility.
Available in 16, 24, or 48 10/100/1000 Mbps port models, these switches also include 2 Gigabit SFP ports and 2 10G SFP+ ports. A 24 port PoE+ model is also available, compliant with IEEE 802.3at, supporting up to 30W of power output on any particular PoE port. To simplify network administration, enhance scalability and flexibility, and provide a more robust network, six units or 288 Gigabit ports can be configured as a stack with up to 40 Gigabits of full duplex stacking bandwidth using optional direct attach copper (DAC) or fiber optic cables to provide high bandwidth with cost efficiency.
Additional features include:
- Versatile Management: Supports a fully featured CLI via dedicated out-of-band console port
- Static Routing: Provides inter-VLAN routing capabilities to alleviate undue loading on a SMB’s network router
- Layer 2 Features: Equipped with complete lineup of Layer 2 features, including IGMP Snooping, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree, and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Bandwidth Control: Supports Auto Surveillance VLAN (ASV) and Auto Voice VLAN, best suited for VoIP and video surveillance deployments
- IPv6 Ready: Supports various IPv6 functions such as MLD Snooping, IPv6 ACL/QoS, and IMPBv6
- D-Link Green 3.0 Technology: Uses 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet standard to conserve power without sacrificing operational performance or functionality by automatically decreasing power usage when traffic is low
The DGS-1510 will be available in early April 2014 through D-Link’s network of channel partners. Detailed specifications are available at D-Link’s website.