The refreshed Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard features an anodized black aluminum chassis and red backlighting that shines through each key. The overall backlighting can be adjusted to four levels of intensity while the lighting for each key can be independently enabled or disabled. The key-by-key lighting customization allows users to highlight just the keys they need to emphasize, such as WASD, and then save the setting directly to the K70's onboard memory.
“We re-evaluated all of the available key switches on the market including new clones of the Cherry MX,” says Jason Christian, product manager for gaming keyboards and mice at Corsair. “None could match the consistent performance and reliability across the keyboards like the original German Cherry MX switches.”
Vengeance K70 features:
- 100% anti-ghosted matrix, full n-key rollover, and 1000Hz reporting rate
- Multimedia controls give access to volume, skip tracks, play, stop, and pause
- USB port supports accessories such as a Vengeance gaming headset or mouse
- Rest your wrists with a removable soft-touch pad
- Alternate red-colored, contoured textured keycaps for the WASD keys and 1-6 keycaps for additional customization
- Available in three different Cherry MX mechanical switch types:
- Cherry MX Red – offers smooth, linear key response for double and triple taps without a tactile “bump” or audible click
- Cherry MX Brown switches – offers fast actuation with a light tactile feedback “bump” for comfortable typing and minimal audible click
- Cherry MX Blue switches - offers great gaming performance with an assertive tactile feedback and audible click that can be helpful when typing
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The new versions Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard will be available in April with a suggested retail price of $129.99 USD backed with a two-year warranty.