CloudBerry Lab, a vendor of backup and management solutions for public cloud storage services, has introduced CloudBerry Box, a public and private cloud-based solution that gives users control over the sharing and synchronization of files across multiple endpoints. The solution enables users to select a preferred cloud provider and move data through direct connections between end-points and their cloud storage accounts.
Other features include:
- Complete Customer Control: The CloudBerry Box file share and sync solution can run through a customer cloud storage account from any of the major cloud storage vendors, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, and several others.
- Private Cloud Compatibility: CloudBerry Box can be deployed in a private cloud environment with an Amazon S3 or OpenStack compatible interface.
- No Third-party Web Services Used in Data Processing: Data moves directly through connections established between computing endpoints and users’ cloud storage accounts.
- Military-grade, User-controlled Encryption: With CloudBerry Box, files can be encrypted on the fly with user-created passwords sent to the cloud through secure SSL connections. Users themselves control the data encryption keys.
- Data Compression: Synced data is compressed before being sent to the cloud for backup, which helps reduce bandwidth requirements.
CloudBerry Box is available as a beta version at no charge for a limited time. Visit http://www.cloudberrylab.com/box for a free download.