Carbonite Inc., a provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for SMBs, has released the latest version of its workstation backup solution for PCs and Macs, Carbonite Pro. With this release, Carbonite Pro Prime administrators can remotely deploy and manage backups for all of the workstations in their organization.
The solution’s new remote deployment and management features are designed to give IT administrators more control over their users' backups. Administrators can now create backup policies defining what should and should not be backed up and deploy that policy from a centralized web dashboard. Additionally, they can manage policies on an ongoing basis to ensure the right business data is being protected at all times.
"A backup solution is worthless if it's not protecting the right data. By placing the control in an administrator's hands, SMBs can decrease the risk of human error in setting up a backup solution and ensure mission-critical data is backed up as it's created," says David Raissipour, senior vice president of engineering, Carbonite. "With Carbonite Pro Prime's new remote deployment and management features, administrators can save valuable time in implementing and managing their business's backup solution."
Other features of Carbonite Pro include:
- Unlimited licensing: No per-device license fees enable businesses to back up an unlimited number of devices under one subscription.
- Security and compliance: The company uses advanced encryption both on the computer and during data transfer to ensure data is protected. Carbonite supports HIPAA, FERPA, and GLBA compliance.
- U.S.-based support: Carbonite's support team is available via phone, email, and chat 7 days per week to help with anything from a free valet installation to file recovery.
- Full suite of business solutions: The company's suite of disaster recovery solutions for businesses offers protection for workstations, physical servers, virtual machines, Microsoft Exchange Online, databases, and live applications with the option to add on new services as a business grows.
Carbonite's Pro lineup of backup solutions is available in three plans:
- Pro Basic: Automatic file backup for unlimited PCs and Macs, plus 250GB of starter cloud storage.
- Pro Prime: Automatic file backup for PCs, Macs, file servers, and NAS devices. Remote deployment and management of customized backup policies. 500GB of starter cloud storage.
- Server Pro Bundle: Pro Prime workstation backup, plus the functionality of Carbonite Server Advanced, including hot backup of databases and live applications, hybrid (local + cloud) backup, support for virtual machines and Exchange Online email. 500GB of starter cloud storage.
To learn more about Carbonite's Pro plans for workstations, visit http://www.carbonite.com/online-backup/business/how-it-works.