Carbonite Inc., a provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for SMBs, has unveiled an enhanced portfolio of software and hardware disaster recovery solutions featuring server image backup and bare metal recovery. The new additions to the disaster recovery portfolio include five new backup appliances ranging in size from four to eight terabytes and a new version of Carbonite Server Backup - Carbonite Server Advanced. With multiple form factors, including software-only, hybrid solutions, and all-in-one mini-towers and rack-mounts, the company says that its new scalable disaster recovery solutions aim to help SMBs maintain operations at near-continuous levels without the complexity and expense of enterprise solutions.
"Small businesses need to restore their data as quickly as possible, without a lot of manual process or complexity," says David Raissipour, SVP of Engineering, Carbonite. "Carbonite's disaster recovery solutions provide bare metal recovery that will quickly restore a server to its original state, even to dissimilar hardware. With options that include granular database backup, separate local and cloud retention policies, and control over scheduling, we're providing small businesses with a complete solution that ensures their critical data is safe from disaster, security threats and human error."
Carbonite Server Advanced is designed to provide businesses with bare metal recovery and flexible, granular protection for their critical server data. Features include:
- Image Backup and Bare Metal Recovery: Restore servers to a fully functioning state from bare metal, even to dissimilar hardware.
- Granular Database Recovery: Back up and restore databases, or individual Exchange mailboxes, without the need to restore an entire system image.
- Local and Cloud Options: Set separate retention policies for local and cloud backups with hybrid technology.
- Plan Flexibility: Protect servers only with Carbonite Server Advanced or servers and workstations with Carbonite Advanced Pro Bundle, which combines Carbonite Server Advanced and Carbonite Pro workstation backup.
Carbonite Backup Appliances combine the speed of local backup and recovery with the safety of the cloud. Features include:
- All-in-one Hybrid Backup: Leverage local backup with Carbonite-provided hardware for speed of backup and recovery, and cloud backup for data protection.
- Image Backup and Bare Metal Recovery: Enable bare metal recovery to existing, new, or dissimilar hardware with image backup that protects an entire server in one pass, including files, applications, operating system, and settings.
- Advanced Management Capabilities: Monitor and manage all backed up devices from a centralized dashboard, including advanced scheduling, retention, and bandwidth settings.
- Full Lineup for SMBs: Five new models offer mini-tower and rack-mount options with either 4TB or 8TB of local storage. All models include a cloud storage starter pack with the option to purchase additional cloud storage.
For more information on Carbonite's disaster recovery solution portfolio, visit http://www.carbonite.com/en/cloud-backup/business-solutions/disaster-recovery.