Getting to the Next Level - Business Strategy Kickstart
A Blueprint for Taking You and Your Business to the Top
- Five Wednesdays - November 22 - December 20, 2017 - Register Now
- All classes start a 9:00 AM Pacific
You're guaranteed to learn something that will make or save you the price of admission!
This course intends to step the entrepreneur and business owner through designing (or re-designing) their ideal business from the top down and then prepare them to build (or re-build) it from the bottom up. With a focus on identifying significant competitive advantage, the concepts, materials, and coursework presented are all based on the instructor’s most recent book Getting To The Next Level: A Blueprint for Taking You and Your Business to the Top. A complete copy of the book is included in the course materials for reference. These are the same time-proven methods employed by Manuel in his international coaching programs.
This course is intended for every entrepreneur, from those starting up a new endeavor to those seasoned business owners. Every business strategy can benefit from this course. The concepts and tools employed in this course are universal in their application regardless of the business maturity. With the completion of this course, the entrepreneur should have:
- Solid understanding of the framework used to define a complete business (The Pyramid of Purpose and Value).
- Familiarity with a variety of tools required for breaking down and analyzing the current or desired business.
- Basic comprehension of business strategy, how it should relate to the business vision, and how it can be developed and tracked using a simple balanced scorecard.
- Follow through example of basic business strategy development for an IT company using the concepts, tools, and methods from the book.
- Functional understanding of Business Agile Strategy Execution, the most powerful method for driving business strategy for success.
Topics to be presented include (but not limited to):
- The Enticing Picture and Compelling Story
- The Pyramid of Purpose and Value
o Business Culture
o Business Compass
o Business Roadmap and Strategy
- Competitive Advantage and Competitive Strategy
- The Market and Going Vertical
- Business Analysis Tools and How to Use Them
- The Balanced Scorecard and its Perspectives
o Internal Process
o Learning and Growth
- Generic Business Strategies
o Sell More
o Spend Less
- Tying Strategy to the Company Culture
- Agile Project Development
- Agile Applied to Business Strategy
Course Content Outline:
Week One: The “Why” – Ten Value Aspects – Business Maturity – The Pyramid Framework
Week Two: Market – Competition – Strategy – GAP – SWOT
Week Three: Balanced Scorecard – Strategy Maps
Week Four: Example Strategy Development – The Goober Group
Week Five: Business Strategy Meets Agile Execution
Delivered by Manuel Palachuk, author and business coach.
Includes five weeks of webinar classes with related handouts, assignments, and "office hours" with the instructor.
This course is intended for entrepreneurs and business owners. It should also find relevance with principal stakeholders and members of leadership teams.
A Few Details . . .
- Each course will be five one-hour webinar calls
- There will be handouts and "homework" assignments
- If you wish to receive feedback on your assignments, there will be instructor office hours
- Classes will be recorded and made available to paid attendees only.
- All calls start at 9:00 AM Pacific Time