Unified communications solutions provider Zultys has unveiled the latest iteration of its MX Unified Communications platform.
MX Release 8.0 adds MXnetwork Redundancy and enhancements to MXcluster Redundancy, strengthening the disaster recovery and resiliency capabilities of the Zultys’ All-in-One, SIP-based Unified Communication architecture.
MX Release 8.0 also marks the introduction of MXoutbound, a configurable, integrated outbound dialer solution ideal for implementing appointment reminder services, outbound marketing campaigns, disaster notification systems, and automated customer surveys.
MX Release 8.0 also incorporates a wealth of incremental features, including enhanced Backup & Restore, additional system monitoring tools and usability improvements.
"With our exciting release of version 8.0, Zultys continues its history of innovation and delivering advanced capabilities to our customers in a reliable, cost effective IP phone system,” says Zultys chief sales and marketing officer Steve Francis.
Resilience & Redundancy
The MXnetwork Redundancy feature provides SMBs with automatic cross-site failover for IP Phones, MXIE UC clients, and Call Groups/Contact Centers.
Each user may have a failover node configured. In the unlikely event that their local node becomes unreachable, the user’s phone, UC client and contact center groups will immediately become operational.
In addition, Release 8.0 incorporates evolutionary enhancements to the MXcluster N+1 redundancy architecture. Administrators will appreciate the redesigned MXcluster management interface, which enables provisioning of an MXcluster, provides clearer status information, and simplifies control.
MXoutbound, a fully integrated outbound dialer solution, offers a flexible automated process for reaching out to an organization’s customer base. MXoutbound is appropriate for virtually any application that requires automated outbound dialing. The call message may be as simple as a single recorded sentence or an elaborate customer survey with a series of questions asked based on previous responses.
Support for Apple Mac OS X
The Zultys UC client application, called MXIE, is natively supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Release 8.0 sees the addition of an integrated softphone for Apple Mac OS X systems.
Additional enhancements to the latest Zultys MX platform include:
- Ability to store historical backups.
- New graphical interface design for simplified configuration of scheduled backups and expedited system restoration.
- Support for SFTP and FTPS secure file transfer using SSL/TLS encryption.
- Ability to restore an old backup to a newer firmware version.
- Automated Attendant and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) monitoring tools.
- Monitoring of caller interactions with the automated attendant (AA), Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and MXoutbound dialer.
- Real-time HTTP protocol-level monitoring of external Web requests related to the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and MXoutbound systems.
- Keyboard usability enhancements in the MXIE UC client.
Pricing and Availability
MX Release 8.0 is available to download immediately. Existing customers with a current software subscription are eligible for free access to the upgrade and should contact their Zultys Authorized Channel Partner for further information.