Enthusiast computing system manufacturer Velocity Micro has announced the availability of systems powered by unlocked fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processors and the Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition.
“When creating our ultra-performance PCs, It’s critically important for us to have the very latest hardware at hand to combine with our meticulous build process,” says Velocity Micro president and CEO Randy Copeland.
Formerly code-named “IvyBridge-E,” these LGA 2011 socket processors from Intel provide extreme power for increased performance, better security, and improved responsiveness, making them ideal for power users, gamers, and content creators.
- Up to six cores, 12 threads, and 15 MB Intel Smart Cache.
- Extreme “overclockability.”
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0.
- Integrated Memory Controller with four channels of DDR3 1866MHz.
- 40 PCI Express Lanes for increased performance with multi-GPU configurations.
The custom-built systems from Velocity Micro start at $2,399.