The new rCloud Universal Architecture is a vendor-agnostic cloud platform, supporting a wide variety of physical and virtual backup solutions, including Dell's AppAssure, StorageCraft's ShadowProtect, and VMWare's ESX/vSphere.
rCloud 4 enables SMBs to leverage existing, on-premises, and image-based backups at a lower cost compared to traditional disaster recovery solutions. The rCloud service protects both physical and virtual machines (VMs) from local server or on-site failures by replicating snapshots to the rCloud, identifying each snapshot as an instant recovery point. With the Universal Architecture Instant Restore feature, customers can restore any physical and virtual environment in a matter of minutes.
Key features of the rCloud Universal Architecture include:
- Integration with ConnectWise—Professional services automation (PSA) enable IT service providers to automatically populate rCloud usage information to ConnectWise.
- Universal Architecture—Vendor-agnostic platform for support of a wide variety of physical and virtual backup solutions.
- vCenter Server Support—Configure rCloud to interface directly with vCenter to manage virtual machines, including support for vMotion.
- Automatic Agent Update—Auto-update capabilities through which new Doyenz updates and capabilities are deployed automatically to the agent.
- rCloud Centralized Management—Access and recover any protected ShadowProtect, AppAssure, vSphere environments through a centralized Web portal.
- Cloud Recovery Verification—On-demand verification that production server environments are replicated in the cloud.
“We are delighted to bring to market a robust, scalable, and fully cloud-enabled SMB business continuity solution that addresses the market needs without requiring MSPs to ‘rip and replace’ existing back-up solutions that they have already installed and are familiar with,” says Persistent Systems Inc. chief product officer Nara Rajagopalan. “In this age of constant connectivity, both MSPs and their customers can rely on rCloud’s Universal Architecture to effectively protect information and ensure service availability at all times.”