Super Micro Computer Inc. builds on its Twin architecture with the release of the new 2U TwinPro and TwinPro². These next generation 2U Twin architecture servers are available 2-node (TwinPro) and 4-node (TwinPro²) configurations optimized for high-end, high-density Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise, HPC, and Big Data applications.
The TwinPro series servers are performance enhanced with LSI 3108/3008 12Gbs SAS 3.0 controllers to maximized storage I/O, NVM Express (NVMe) for secure PCI-E SSD performance, and onboard 10GbE or InfiniBand 56Gbs FDR/40Gbs QDR options for maximum network bandwidth. Additional features of the TwinPro servers include support for dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors (up to 130W TDP), memory capacity up to 1TB ECC DDR3 1866MHz memory in 16x DIMMs, additional PCI-E 3.0 expansion slots, up to 12x 2.5-inch, or 6x 3.5-inch hot-swap HDD/SSD trays per node. The servers also offer support for a full-length, double-width GPU (2x SXM GPU option available) or Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor per node in the 2U TwinPro models.
Inherent to the Twin architecture is the energy efficiency achieved with airflow optimized motherboard and chassis designs, shared 80mm fans with intelligent speed control, and redundant, hot-swappable Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%) digital switching power supplies (Titanium Level >96% option). In addition, these systems are serviceable with hot-swap nodes, reduced cabling, and secure, remote server management through IPMI.
"In this Twin evolution, we've accelerated I/O by integrating 12Gbs SAS3 and NVM Express to unleash the full performance potential of SSD storage. In addition, we've added 10GbE, 40GbE and 56Gbs FDR InfiniBand options for maximum bandwidth and lowest latency. Together with the energy efficiency advantages of our TwinPro architecture, we deliver customers the most cost-effective server solutions offering maximum performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot for data-intensive applications," says Charles Liang, president and CEO of Supermicro.
TwinPro system highlights include:
- 2U 2-Node TwinPro
- NVMe 4x 2.5-inch PCI-E SSD support, GPU/Intel Xeon Phi support, 1280W Redundant Platinum Level Power Supplies
- SYS-2027PR (12x hot-swap 2.5-inch bays per node), SYS-6027PR (6x hot-swap 3.5-inch bays per node)
- DC0TR (SAS3 LSI 3008 S/W RAID w/10GBase-T)
- DC1FR (SAS3 LSI 3108 H/W RAID w/FDR IB or 40GbE)
- DC1QR (SAS3 LSI 3108 H/W RAID w/QDR IB)
- 2U 4-Node TwinPro²
- 2000W Redundant Platinum Level Power Supplies
- SYS-2027PR (6x hot-swap 2.5-inch bays per node), SYS-6027PR (3x hot-swap 3.5-inch bays per node)
- HC0TR (SAS3 LSI 3008 S/W RAID w/10GBase-T)
- HC1FR (SAS3 LSI 3108 H/W RAID w/FDR IB or 40GbE)
- HC1QR (SAS3 LSI 3108 H/W RAID w/QDR IB)
Visit www.supermicro.com/2UTwinPro for additional TwinPro models.