SAM, one of nine key products making up the developer’s systems and application management product portfolio, will not enable IT pros to “to achieve server, application and database monitoring in one complete solution,” the company states.
“With the enormity and complexity of data requests and queries, it is increasingly difficult and time consuming to troubleshoot database issues,” explains Denny LeCompte, SolarWinds’ senior vice president of product strategy. “SolarWinds SAM 6.0 delivers on both expanded depth of coverage and quality of information collected to provide a best-of-breed, integrated systems and database management platform for IT pros with responsibility for application health and databases.”
Designed to deliver agentless performance and availability monitoring, alerting, and reporting for over 150 applications and server types, SolarWinds SAM 6.0 will feature:
- AppInsight for SQL—AppInsight for SQL provides visibility into Microsoft SQL Server performance for systems administrators, database administrators, and SQL developers.
- Baseline Threshold Calculator—Thresholds can be automatically generated from a baseline of “normal” behavior to reduce the number of alerts that require response and quickly pinpoint systems that are performing out of a normal state.
- IT Asset Inventory Dashboard—With automated IT asset inventory management, IT pros can now maintain a view of current hardware and software asset inventory, including server warranty status, driver software, hard drive inventory, and custom properties like PO number and purchase price.
These features will join SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor highlights added since version 5.0. Recent improvements include the ability to:
- Resolve server and application issues directly from the product’s Web console.
- Monitor server hardware health indicators such vendors as HP, Dell, IBM, and VMware.
- Troubleshoot problems with real-time visibility into service and process performance.
- Track storage volume performance metrics.
- Integrate with System Center 2012.
- Leverage support for Microsoft Hyper-V.
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor starts at $2,995 and includes a year of maintenance.