This week I thought I would use this forum to let my readers know of two sales leadership training programs in May that you should plan to attend.
- The first is Friday May 10th, Building Predictable Revenue: Sales Management Systems
- The second is May 28th, 1pm EST: Creating Sales Compensation Plans for High Performance
Building Predictable Revenue: Sales Management Systems, Forecasting and Building a Self-Managed Sales Force
Friday, May 10, 2013 12:00pm Noon EST
The purpose of this interactive workshop will be to review techniques that all executives, sales leaders and sales professionals can use and to introduce a sales management process that ensures you are positioned for success. Learn to build predictable revenue. This session is designed for Owners and Sales Managers. As partner organizations have had to fight to survive, this session is designed to “tighten the ship”, and put into place the systems and controls to fine tune the organization and prepare for growth. As other organizations shrink or cut back learn to take advantage of the opportunity of the lifetime, during the lifetime of the opportunity!
Acumen's 14 years of consulting Ken has determined that the vast number of organizations can quickly improve discipline, accountability, and control by implementing the concepts and tools during this session. This tactical program will provide insights and tools to help the Executive or Sales Manager easily increase the productively of their management meetings, sales meetings and sales training events.
This session will:
- Review the importance of forecasting tools, their design, how effective sales managers use them to ensure monthly revenues are attained and appropriate content.
- Assist attendees in developing sales management measurement success indicators, their use in building a predictive forecasting stream and there use in salesperson coaching.
- Cover the development of a Salesperson's Business Plan - development techniques, their use in account development, pipeline and quota attainment, influencer/consultant focus, new account creation, market and territory coverage, and personal and sales skill development.
- Cover long-term forecasting plans that ensure building a strong revenue plan.
Attendees will learn sample forecasting formats and pertinent sales success indicators and how to use them for coaching. They will leave with a document on “how to coach for success hints.” Attendees will also learn to design management systems that increase team productivity, develop success factors or leading indicators that will accelerate sales, receive sales management tools to increase market/account penetration, sales meeting/training program to ensure high performance, and the 5 Measurements/Metrics of Sales, Marketing, Management Effectiveness
Creating Sales Compensation Plans for High Performance
May 28th, 2013, 1pm EST
“There is a difference between leadership and management. Leadership is of the spirit, management is of the mind. Managers are necessary, but leaders are essential. We must find managers who are not only skilled organizers, but inspired and inspiring leaders.” - Field Marshall Slim
The most successful sales teams in the world are led not managed, but if only 20% of today's sales managers can claim to be genuine leaders, we need to help and encourage the remaining 80% make that giant leap. During this 45 minute presentation, Jonathan Farrington identifies the traits and characteristics of the very best sales managers and provides a blue-print which every delegate can take away to begin implementing immediately.
This is one of 10 Sales Management training programs from Top Sales Management Academy
This program is based upon a book by Ken Thoreson, Creating Sales Compensation Plans for High Performance. Sales compensation plans that worked last year-may not be appropriate for next year. Compensation planning must be designed to pay for performance and attract top talent. Compensation programs must be strategic and aligned with corporate objectives. Are yours?
Learn to create programs that:
- are in alignment with your strategic objectives
- are cost justifiable and measurable
- take into consideration professional services, products
- are blended to create individual or team incentives
- are blended for practice, vendor and market demands
- increase the effectiveness of sales contests
- are successfully rolled out and measured
Acumen Management Group Ltd. “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 12 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America. Ken's latest book is “Leading High Performance Sales Teams”.