K–12 classrooms have another projector option. With the announcement of new two new projector series from manufacturer Epson America Inc., education venues gain access to connectivity- and control-focused models.
The Epson PowerLite S17, X17, and W17 are three bright and affordable projectors delivering such features as HDMI and optional wireless connectivity. Meanwhile, the Epson PowerLite 97, 98, 99W, 955W, and 965 classroom projectors offer advanced network connectivity for simplified control of classroom content as well as high image quality for bright, vivid images.
“Whether seeking to understand a math concept or mastering a writing assignment, collaboration and peer-to-peer learning are an important part of the classroom experience,” says Heather Johnston, Epson’s product manager, K–12 education marketing. “To facilitate this experience and the teaching and learning process, today’s classrooms need robust technologies at an affordable price.”
With 3LCD, 3-chip technology, Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors. The new PowerLite projectors offer lumen and resolution combinations to meet a range of instructional needs and budgets:
PowerLite S17, X17 & W17
Featuring advanced connectivity and high image quality, the PowerLite S17, X17, and W17 models are designed to be “high-value” classroom projectors with an affordable price. They are available in SVGA, XGA, and widescreen WXGA resolutions. They offer HDMI and optional wireless connectivity and include the free Epson iProjection app for control content via handheld device.
PowerLite 97, 98, 99W, 955W & 965
The PowerLite 97, 98, 99W, 955W and 965 offer a range of networking choices, including RJ-45 or optional wireless (sold separately) as well as HDMI connectivity. Epson has also incorporated new moderator software into these projectors to enable teachers to present up to four different device screens to the class. Administrators can also manage up to 1,024 Epson networked projectors using the included EasyMP software or Crestron RoomView.
In addition to offering high color brightness and high white brightness, the PowerLite 955W and 965 also offer 1.6x optical zoom.
Additional features of the new PowerLite series include:
- 3LCD Technology—True-to-life color and detail via an energy efficient light engine.
- Setup/Positioning Flexibility—+30-degree, automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction. Quick Corner moves any of the four corners of an image independently.
- Advanced Networking—Remote delivery of video and audio presentations over the network via the included EasyMP Network Projection software. Wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module.
- iProjection—Epson iProjection enables wireless presentation (with optional network module) via most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later.
- Easy Maintenance—Lamp and air filter access for convenient replacements.
- USB Plug ‘n Play—Instant projection of images, transmission of audio, and control of the presentations via a Windows PC or Mac via a standard USB cable. USB Type A port offers PC-free image slideshows and direct connection to the Epson DC-11, DC-12 or DC-20 document cameras.
- Teaching Aids—Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images for aid of instruction.
- Extended Lamp Life—Epson’s E-TORL lamp technology.
Epson’s MSRP for the PowerLite projectors are as follows: S17 ($399), X17 ($449), W17 ($599), 97 ($549), 98 ($599), 99 ($749), and 965 ($899). The projectors will be available in November 2013 (the PowerLite 955W, however, will be available in January 2014).
Epson’s projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services: Epson PrivateLine phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line via a phone card included with the product and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping.
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures program, designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets