Printing solutions manufacturer Epson America has announced its latest WorkForce sheet-fed document scanners.
The WorkForce DS-760 and WorkForce DS-860 are versatile workgroup or departmental sheet-fed scanners designed for a wide range of markets. They deliver scan speeds up to 65 ppm and advanced paper-feed technology. They models also offer scan-to-cloud backup functionality and compatibility with a wide range of document management software suites.
“The Epson WorkForce DS-760 and DS-860 are a welcomed expansion to the breadth of document imaging solutions offered by Epson,” says Mark Pickard, Epson’s senior product manager, document scanners. “These scanners can not only process large volumes of paper reliably, but do so without sacrificing image quality.”
The WorkForce DS-760 and DS-860 sheet-fed Epson scanners are designed to increase workday efficiency. With Epson Document Capture Pro software for Windows PC, users can scan to popular cloud services including Google Docs, SharePoint, SugarSync, and Evernote. Businesses can also leverage networking capabilities using an optional network module (sold separately) to support up to 100 workstations with full scanner functionality.
Additional features include:
- Document Management — TWAIN and ISIS drivers included for compatibility with existing document management software programs.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) — Converts scanned documents to editable text.
- Color & Image Adjustments — Color Enhance to capture specific and continuously variable colors from the original document before converting to black-and-white.
- Paper Handling — From rigid ID and business cards to documents up to 36 inches as well as folded pages without the need for a carrier sheet.
- Eco Features — Scanners are both RoHS compliant and recyclable.
The Epson WorkForce DS-760 ($899.99 MSRP) and WorkForce DS-860 ($1,099.99 MSRP) will be available in March through distributors. The scanners feature a one-year limited warranty, along with optional extended warranties and overnight exchange programs.