Business collaboration and communications innovator has introduced a new development platform, called Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment.
With the introduction of its Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment, Avaya is attempting to simplify how communications or collaboration is embedded into SMB business applications. Until now, weaving in collaboration or communication capabilities into a medical patient monitoring application, for example, or a home insurance adjuster application often could take upwards of six months.
“Companies have been actively interested in getting more value out of communication and collaboration investments, but until now were limited by the complexity and specialized skill set needed to combine them with other applications and processes,” says Gary Barnett, Avaya’s senior vice president and general manager of collaboration. “We’ve just eliminated those challenges. I believe we’re on the threshold of a whole new age of creativity and innovation in collaboration as companies begin to understand what’s now possible with Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment.”
Highlights of the new development platform include:
- Automatically scalable, available, and secure application deployment.
- Cloud-ready, virtualized collaboration environment.
- A snap-in model that enables rapid, cost-effective, and repeatability solution development.
- A common set of methods for voice, video, email, and SMS.
- A cloud-based development environment, Avaya Aura Collaboratory, for building and testing applications on a virtual instance of the Avaya Aura platform.
Avaya Aura Collaboration Environment is delivered on the Avaya Aura core unified communications platform. It is available now.