PROMISE Technology rolls out it latest storage product for Apple’s Mac OS X.
RAID storage solutions provider PROMISE Technology Inc. has announced availability of its VTrak x30 Series storage product for Apple’s Mac OS X.
The x30 features 8G FC ports, providing up to 2.5 times the video streaming performance over the previous generation VTrak series. It also leverages Intel Xeon C3500 processors and is fully tested with Mac OS X, Xsan, and Final Cut Studio.
“For the entry to mid-range markets looking to gain an edge, the VTrak x30 Series is the perfect solution when balancing performance, scalability, capacity, and reliability to provide enterprise-class features at an entry-level price point,” states a PROMISE press release submitted to Channel Pro-SMB.
“The VTrak x30 Series joins the VTrak Ex10 as a qualified Mac OS X,” adds Ray Bahar, PROMISE technology’s vice president of sales and marketing. “The x30 Series delivers performance, reliability, and expandability to the AV and media and entertainment professional.”
Features of the VTrak x30 Series include:
- Up to 272 TB capacity.
- 2 GB/s sequential writes and 5.5 GB/s sequential reads.
- Enhanced cache mirroring designs for improved write performance for ingests.
- Scalable video performance with expansion support up to three expansion chassis for a total of 144 TB.
- Support for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, Xsan, and StorNext.
- Three-year warranty with onsite Next Business Day support.
PROMISE VTrak x30 is available this week from the Apple Store and authorized resellers worldwide starting at $11,999.