Connectivity parts provider StarTech.com has announced the release of the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter and USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter, which are designed to leverage the high-bandwidth (5 Gbps) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface for delivery of high-resolution content to HDMI/DVI-capable displays (HDMI to DVI Adapter included) or VGA display.
The new USB 3.0 video adapters function as external graphics cards that can be used to extend a desktop or mirror a primary desktop.
“Our primary goal with the release of the USB 3.0 video adapters was to harness the high-speed capability offered by the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to support high display resolutions up to 1080p/1920x1200” says John Mardinly, StarTech’s senior product manager. “The transfer speed capability of USB 3.0 ensures smoother imaging than USB 2.0 video adapters, with faster video playback, and more responsive performance from office or business applications.”
The new USB video adapters:
- Support SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Interface host connections and are backward compatible with USB 2.0 (performance limited to USB 2.0 speeds).
- Support display resolutions up to 1920x1080.
- Include optional HDMI to DVI-D Adapter for use as a USB 3.0 to DVI-D adapter (USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter only).
- Support mirrored, extended, or primary display configurations.
- Offers driver software for display rotation.
- Support the Windows Aero interface.
- Support 2-channel (Stereo) audio (USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter only).
- Support the use of multiple USB 3.0 video adapters on a single system (up to five).
These new adapters are available from leading technology resellers including CDW, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, PC Connection, Tiger Direct and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, Tech Data, D&H Distributing, and SYNNEX.
MSRP for the USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter is $117.99. MSRP for the USB 3.0 to VGA Adapter is $109.99.