Iomega, an EMC company and data protection provider, has launched the Iomega StorCenter PX Series of network storage products, comprised of both desktop and rackmount NAS devices for the use of SMBs and distributed enterprises.
The StorCenter PX Series features four-bay and six-bay desktop models (available through all channel partners and distributors) and a four-bay rackmount model (offered exclusively through CDT for the first 30 days) available at scalable configurations. The desktop models – the Iomega StorCenter px4-300d and the px6-300d – are fitted with a drive carrier than can accommodate 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch HDD drives. The rackmount model – the Iomega StorCenter px4-300r – features redundant power supplies and the features of Iomega's flagship rackmount array, the ix12-300r.
The optional use of SSD drives and multiple RAID levels with hot swap drives allow for advanced data protection features and performance. For virtualization environments, UPS support, user quotes, device-to-device replication, and certification are available.
The StorCenter PX Series also ranges from diskless devices with no included storage to devices with a storage capacity of 18TB. With Iomega's Personal Cloud technology, users are able to share data via the cloud. All of the network storage performance has been tested by EMC's E-Lab.
For IT service providers who work heavily in video surveillance and virtualization, this may be a good product choice for you. Prices range from $799.99 to $3,799.99, fitting a wide range of budgets depending customer needs.
Advanced features include:
- High performance through optional solid state drives, dual Core Intel processor, 2GB memory and dual GbE NICs.
- Multiple RAID levels – 0, 1, 10, 5, 5? (hot spare) and 6, all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap functionality.
- Scalable configurations include fully populated, partially populated and diskless options. 7200 rpm SATA HDDs and SSD Drives are available from Iomega or may be purchased from the approved vendor list.
- Active Directory Support and remote access for full data availability.
- Certified for VMware vSphere 4.0, Citrix XenServer, and Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- Cross-platform file sharing with Windows, Mac and Linux computers, and simultaneous iSCSI block access.
- All major network file protocols supported.
- Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration Support.
- Data replication and device-to-device copy capabilities keeps your customer's data secure.
- With the embedded AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS), the PX Series provides support for up to 12 AXIS IP security cameras for affordable and superior video surveillance solutions compared to today’s traditional DVR-based surveillance installations.