The agreement enables Ingram Micro to offer the high-definition HP Visual Collaboration line to its U.S. network of value-added resellers (VARs).
HP’s software-based videoconferencing products, launched in November, are based on scalable video coding, an encoding technology that supports high-definition video. The offerings include a desktop client, executive desktop and room systems.
HP and Ingram Micro are kicking off the program with a series of VAR Boot Camps. The first is being held today at HP’s Executive Briefing Center in Cupertino, Calif. Additional boot camps in Plano, Texas, and Buffalo, N.Y., are planned for February.
Interested resellers can learn more about the upcoming boot camp sessions at the HP VC Expressway on the HP Partner Portal or by contacting their Ingram Micro HP sales representative.
The HP Visual Collaboration solutions offered through Ingram Micro include:
- The HP Visual Collaboration Desktop software client can be deployed by all users on their own PCs and notebooks.
- The HP Visual Collaboration Executive Desktop is a bundled, touchscreen product that features an HP TouchSmart PC with HP Visual Collaboration software. It also includes camera and headset accessories. Expected to be available to VARs in June.
- The HP Visual Collaboration Room 100 and Room 220 integrate high-quality video into multipurpose conference rooms for team collaboration.
- The HP Visual Collaboration Portal comes preconfigured on HP ProLiant DL360 servers and allows IT administrators to handle remote configurations, authentication, and licensing of system components.
- The HP Visual Collaboration Router provides distributed media routing and is built on HP industry-standard server appliances.
- The HP Visual Collaboration Gateway connects to both H.323 and SIP protocols for easy migration from legacy videoconferencing systems.
Through the HP PartnerONE program, HP will offer Ingram Micro's VARs benefits and incentives on HP Visual Collaboration products. In addition, VARs will be able to provide installation, maintenance, and help desk services for HP Visual Collaboration products upon completion of training and certification courses offered by HP.